Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

System Infected - Virus/spyware

• Please log in to reply

Diwakar

Diwakar

• Pip
  • 1 posts
My notebook is acting funny. I am unable to view any webpages. I am able to open google, get to the list of relevant searches but when I click on any of it, I receive and error - Your computer looks like a system infected by spyware, virus etc.

I am unable to do system resore as the only bold date that appears there is the current date. I have done a full system scan via Symantec Antivirus and found nothing.

I believe that my notebook is seriously infected by some virus that was accidently downloaded. Also, I get a prompt from security centre saying that the following are the viruses infecting your computer and subscribe to the servive to get rid of it.

I don't want to format my notebook, pls help.

Thanks.

Advertisements