Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Understanding packets and Hex

• Please log in to reply

ProjectE

ProjectE

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I wanted to ask this for a very long time. And never found a person who could help.

Sorry in advance if i posted in the wrong section.

Im trying to learn more about packets and how to ''decode'' them. Basically i want to find out how to read the info that they have. Im using WPEpro. The packets i get consist of 3 portions. One of them is in binary (or so i understood it), the other is HEX, and the third one is dots and letters. It just looks like someone used XOR to encode the data.

Heres how my packet looks.

00000000 59 E9 A4 AD BB AF AF AD 9F AB 0C A5 AE 59 E9 A4 Y............Y..
00000010 AD BB AF B6 AD 96 A7 78 AB AE .......x..

Now what i would like to find out, hopefully, is how to decode the third part of the packet:

''Y............Y..
.......x..''

Is there a way to know what it means just by disassembling it or using some sort of algorythm to decode it? And i do apologise if i used all of these terms quite loosely. I must admit i know absolutly nothing about this and id like to further my knowledge in this particular section.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Advertisements