Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

graghic card issue

• Please log in to reply

racenutalways

racenutalways

Member 1K

• Retired Staff
  • 1,649 posts
I removed my broken screen and hooked a CRT monitor to my laptop. Everything is working except I need to disable my display adapter in order to view on CRT hooked via VGA. I also watch movies on my big screen which is connected to s-video. Playing video games is now impossible unless I enable my display adapter, which gets switched to my tv, I don't want that, TV is in a bad angle to my KB. Without having to re-range my entire apartemnt to play a game what do I need to do???

Advertisements

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Administrator
  • 26,019 posts
  • MVP
on a lot of laptops there's a FN key (function key) then a blue (or other non standard color) on some of the keys....on my laptop the f8 key says "CRT/LCD" on it....do you have any keys towards the top that have something similar? my other laptop (at home) has a picture of an lcd monitor and a picture of a different monitor...if i press FN and that key it disables the built in screen and forces all output through the VGA port

racenutalways

racenutalways

Member 1K

• Topic Starter
  • Retired Staff
  • 1,649 posts
Thanks for the reply, those hotkeys don't work, since reformat, discard Vista and installed XP. I installed all the drivers but FN keys need to assigned, I know how to assign a program, but not a driver.
I assume VGA and s-video outputs are for secondary monitors, not primary, as I no longer have primary monitor. I am trying to get the CRT(VGA) primary ans S-video(TV) as secondary. If at all possible.

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Administrator
  • 26,019 posts
  • MVP
if you go to the site for the manufacturer of the laptop...they should have a driver that will put those hotkeys back in order...probably the chipset driver should get it...but often there's some other app or driver that contains those keys

racenutalways

racenutalways

Member 1K

• Topic Starter
  • Retired Staff
  • 1,649 posts
I downloaded all the drivers for XP prior to format, I un-installed, re-installed the hotkey driver a few times and no go. I never used them so it never was an issue. Until now. Heck I even tried to find the site that had all the drivers and can't find it. Toshiba has great customer support. NOT!!!