Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

External Hard Disk: "E:/access denied. Corrupt and unreadable fil

• Please log in to reply

rani12

rani12

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Hi

i am using SEAGATE external hard disk and used to take it out without "Safely remove hardware".... now one day it corrupted and showed message as "E:/ not accessible. corrupt and unreadable data" ..... i followed the link from this forum "www.geekstogo.com/forum/A Difficult Infection to Remove - Request Help [Solved].html" and to my surprise and delight using Sysprot, AVG, Flash Disinfector and ComboFix.exe i was able to recover and repair my hard disk. I lost a directory from it. so i started a recovery s/w but again my hard disk corrupted without my intervention.

I then again and again followed the same procedure "www.geekstogo.com/forum/A Difficult Infection to Remove - Request Help [Solved].html" but it didnt help me. I tried it again and again many times ... please help me out. i dont want to lose my data from the disk.

The file system type is RAW or i think has become RAW :)

PLEASE SOMEONE HELP ME OUT...

Edited by rani12, 27 August 2009 - 11:18 AM.

Advertisements

Broni

Broni

Kraków my love :)

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,300 posts
With the drive in RAW format, basically, your only option is to format it.

rani12

rani12

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
But I have important data on it :) ... I cannot format it :)

Broni

Broni

• 12,300 posts
Unfortunately, since it turned to RAW format, your data is most likely gone.

You can try some file recovery programs: http://www.raymond.c...overy-software/

rani12

rani12

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Sorry for the late response...
Thanks for the reply...
I used RECUVA to recover my hard disk... and for so many days ... from the day of your last reply, the program continued...

Today I was able to retrieve many of my files of my hard disk but when i clicked on RECOVER it says "THE SEMAPHORE TIMEOUT PERIOD HAS EXPIRED"

What shall I do now :)

Please help me out...

Broni

Broni

• 12,300 posts
The above error, normally, indicates network problem. Inability of computers on network to communicate.
In your case, my best interpretation of it, would be inability of your computer/program (Recuva) to communicate with the external drive.
It looks to me, the drive is dead dead.