Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

PLEASE HELP , Im baffled with Renos.JM virus

• Please log in to reply

crackwoof

crackwoof

• Pip
  • 4 posts
hello peeps , very new to this so sorry for the noobieness ! !

Picked up the virus ? Win32/Renos.JM :) :)

Windows defender keeps appearing in a window saying

TrojanDownloader:Win32/Renos.JM Alert level High ! !

I let defender do its thing and it keeps coming back ! i cant get shot of the dam thing ?

I use Firefox and whenever i click on a search result it takes me to a shopping site or some other random rubbish and not the BBC news like i wanted ! :) I have tried IE but that wont even open now. I did the updates from windows and restarted ( basic stuff ! ) and then it still comes back with the ALERT also downloaded some definitions updates from MS ( whatever that was :) :) )

I am running on Vista , use firefox, 32 bit thingyermebob.

Is this easy to sort out or am i doomed :)

Thanks for any help recieved

Edited by crackwoof, 29 August 2009 - 05:46 AM.

Advertisements

crackwoof

crackwoof

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
oh and im stuck on the user guide at step

Step One: Scan for Spyware/Adware

Note: Some infections will prevent MBAM from running. If MBAM won't run, try renaming the file mbam-setup.exe to a random name, and then try again.

How and what do i change ? i did say i was new to this ! and 3 seconds into the scan it just disapears ? Arggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhh

Edited by crackwoof, 27 August 2009 - 04:37 PM.

crackwoof

crackwoof

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
seriously this is not fun ! cant do anything and tried everything , ran all the software mentioned on here and all i get is 3 seconds into a scan and then the scan stops and i cant get back into the malware. Avast even went so far as to completly freeze the PC and cause a big error message !

HELP PLEEEEEASE :) :) :) :)

Basically stuck here and dont know what else to do

Edited by crackwoof, 29 August 2009 - 04:18 AM.

crackwoof

crackwoof

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
so i dont have to wait does anyone know if the other answers here about other Renos.?? virus will be usfull to my plight ?