Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Drive Capacity Showing Wrong! / Printer sharing

• Please log in to reply

sere83

sere83

• PipPip
  • 82 posts
Hey guys i'm trying to help someone fix their pc. It is really old a 1.5ghz pentium 4 with 512ram and an 19gb hard drive!. Anyway i said I would help so...I downloaded ccleaner and jkdefrag in the hope of performing a little clean up. I ran ccleaner which took absolutely ages...but eventually found 2gb of data to be removed. However...after i did this the drive seemed to say it only had 18mb left! Which grew to 52mb a little bit later. The girl i was helping also said she deleted lots of stuff before but the drive still seemed to show a really low amount of space left on the C: drive (like 4.3mb). I have run jkdefrag and told them to leave it and I would get back to them tomorrow, hoping the defrag may sort the drive capacity issue. Anyway any help would be greatly appreciated....

I was also trying to setup printer sharing with a wireless printer which is connected to their other vista pc (wirelessly) again any help would be greatly appreciated as I couldnt seem to locate the printer on the xp computers 'add printer/serach for shared printer' option in the control panel, despite implementing sharing for the printer on the vista pc.

Edited by sere83, 30 August 2009 - 05:50 AM.

Advertisements

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Hello sere83.... Welcome to GeeksToGo, :) :) :)

I'm sorry to hear about your issue. We will try to help you resolve this as soon as possible.
Please understand we are all volunteers and we are not here all the time. Sometimes it may be a extended amount of time to get back to you. If it has been more then 3 days please shoot me a PM and I will try to get back to you quickly then.
First issue is the amount of physical memory on the system. 512 megs is minimum to run XP with anything else running at the same time. Just a FYI i would suggest increasing this to 1 gig in the near future. Now let's deal with the HD capacity problem first.

Download and install Free Everest Home Edition
Open it.
1: In left pane expand Computer folder.
2: Click once on Summary
3: In upper menu, go Report
4: And then to Quick Report-Summary
5: Save it in text file, and paste it in your next post.

DO NOT INCLUDE ANYTHING UNDER THE LINE THAT SAYS "DEBUG- PCI"

sere83

sere83

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 82 posts
Many thanks for your reply I will get this information to you ASAP.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Thank you for the response and I will await your reply.