Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Windows Repair install going wrong :(

• Please log in to reply

Ericthegreat

Ericthegreat

• PipPip
  • 21 posts
So my friend pc has been getting bluescreens finaly it wouldnt boot so I ran chkdsk from the recovery console and it was able to boot into windows. Soon after he got another bsod so I ran a repair install (I had never done one before) and when I got to the xp install screen I tought it was going to reinstall windows (format the drive) so.... I turned it off (dumbass I know) now it just goes to "Setup is restarting...................." then a black screen with a pointer I can move but then the pc just turns off and the whole thing restarts. I tryed running a repair install again but now it says "windows already tryed to repair blah blah blah" then if i chose to do it anyway when its done I just get the "System is restarting..........." message again. Any help or do I need a refreash install? I'm able to still copy data over through a linux boot cd btw. tyvm in advance

Advertisements

Broni

Broni

Kraków my love :)

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,300 posts
I'd go for clean install in this case.
If the clean install won't work, you may have some hardware problem.

Ericthegreat

Ericthegreat

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts
It was going to install originaly :)

Broni

Broni

Kraków my love :)

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,300 posts
Firstly, you can't be sure, it'd go all the way.
Then, by interrupting repair process y pulling the plug could have corrupt OS files beyond repair.