Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

get rid of mcafee

• Please log in to reply

ScarlettCherie

ScarlettCherie

• PipPip
  • 18 posts
I just installed avg free 8.5.409
it says I need to update roxio easy (dvd and cd) that it has a bug, but when I go to the site recommended it just wants me to spend 100.00 to buy it. I looked in the my computer files and couldn't find it to delete it.
also I see mcafee virus scan active shield in the start menu but also not in the my computer files.How can I delete these things if I can't find them in the my computer files?
thank you

Advertisements

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Have you tried to go to Add\Remove programs in the Control panel?

Broni

Broni

Kraków my love :)

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,300 posts

it says I need to update roxio easy

AVG says that? Never heard about it.
Post exact message, you're getting.

As for McAfee, use McAfee Consumer Product Removal Tool: http://majorgeeks.co...Tool_d5420.html

rosiesdad

rosiesdad

• PipPip
  • 64 posts
Sounds like your computer is infected with a trojan, thats why youre being redirected to that site to get a cure.
Nothing wrong with AVG, Trojans and adware are best cleaned by using a different type program, Malwarebytes being one. There is a free version at filehippo.com. I suggest you start there, if that dont cure it, post on a forum where you are infected.

Edited by rosiesdad, 30 August 2009 - 05:26 AM.

Broni

Broni

Kraków my love :)

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,300 posts
rosiesdad, please observe board rules:

Because of the potential for harm, only staff members approved for malware removal are allowed to offer malware removal advice or reply to malware topics.

http://www.geekstogo...boardrules.html