Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Repeated program startup error

• Please log in to reply

C9MAC

C9MAC

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Every time i run a program it says "C:\Users\Corey\Desktop\(program name here)\.exe" what does this mean and how do i fix it. I can still run most programs only by running them as admin, I need to clear this problem.

Advertisements

rev_olie

rev_olie

• PipPipPip
  • 532 posts
Hi,

Welcome to GeeksToGo :)

I'm having a bit of difficulty understanding the problem.

What is the full error? Give a full example exactly as it comes up
When does the error happen? E.g after clicking a shortcut or when doing a certain task.

I know you have provided these answers but i could do with more clarification as its a little vague as to what's happening

C9MAC

C9MAC

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
The error happens when clicking a shortcut either on desktop and/or on the start menu. The error comes up immediately after i click the program and says
"C:\Windows\System32\(program name).exe"
or if I were to click a program like Aol Instant Messanger or Safari
"C:\Program Files\AIM\aim.exe

then at the bottom of these it says

Attempt to access invalid adress.

Now i can run programs as admin but only a few and I dont understand why. Please leave feedback

rev_olie

rev_olie

• PipPipPip
  • 532 posts
Great thanks for that :)

There could be a number of underlying issues with your system which we can explore. This first however is that I want to make sure you are infection free.

Please Click Here and follow the instructions on that page.
Then make a new thread Here

Due to the board being busy we can sometimes miss your thread. If its been over 3 days then follow These instructions.

Give them a link to this thread.
Then once you are infection free let me know the outcome. If the problem still persists PM me and post back to this thread and we can try some more methods.

:)