Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

How-to repair Internet Explorer 6.0

• Please log in to reply

HYDEdaBEAST

HYDEdaBEAST

• PipPip
  • 13 posts
question it says i need the xp disk but i dont have it may i load it from somewhere or nething and put it on floppy if you have any sites where i can get C:\WINDOWS\inf\i386 someone please reply thanx

Advertisements

motivated_souljah

motivated_souljah

• Pip
  • 2 posts
:tazz: Hi motivated here, new member, with a new problem! Whenever I restart or shut down the computer, I get the "end program" pop-up, which states that "explorer.exe has not been praperly shutdown".
This pops up and I dont have any applications open, including IE. Can anyone help me????? :) :)

Miriamsil

Miriamsil

• Pip
  • 9 posts
Hi everyone.

I just logged in for the first tme in years; I really want to post a new thread but your program says I'm not allowed.
I a m running win 98 SE with I Explorer 6
My INBOX of Internet Explorer is empty but takes up350 MB!
Finally, I run Spybot and Adaware: they once cured me of similar problems but now do nothing.

How can I delete the files that are hidden there without paying cash?

AT the same time this started, I can't open up more that one Explorer window at a time. Opne a new one, it overrides the old one.

How do I post a new thread?

Please, Au Secours (help! in French)

Miriam sil

binsch

binsch

• PipPipPip
  • 344 posts
hey even though i am an avid user of firefox one of my older computers(windows 98) still needed to be updated but explorer kept crashing and i found that when i sent the report it gave me a link which actually helped me fix internet explorer. so i guess my first suggestion would be to always report errors to microsoft.
Ben

Moe20

Moe20

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi Housecoatman: I just had a similar problem while fixing a friend's pc. I tried to open IE, but it always gave me that " This page cannot be displayed". I just went to .Tool > Internet Options>Programs> and Reset Web Settings. I got my IE working good again. Hope that this will help you.

eddieflo909

eddieflo909

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Hi im new.... i was wondering if someone could help me with an internet explorer srcipt error that i get in all other user accounts exept the administrator.... as soon as i log on the script error pops up...there are numerous pop ups one behind the othere and even after i close all of them they come back.... is there anyone that can help?