Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

My files are disappearing/deleting without my doing so

• Please log in to reply

mcjenniffer

mcjenniffer

• PipPip
  • 14 posts
Hi. I just had help with getting a bit more speed for my system from you guys. Since than my files are disappearing. All the games that came on the system are gone, I tried doing a search and got no results, than I noticed, the calculator and all applications in the applications folder are gone, just says empty. Notepad, wordpad, all gone. Now I was just listing on eBay and I have a folder that I scan all my eBay photos too, there had to have been 50 pics in there, they are now all gone, and it says empty. I checked the recycling bin, and they are not there. Poof, they were just gone. Assessories folder is now empty. When you click Start, then All Programs I used to have 2 rows of stuff, this is now down to the one row that is maybe 3/4 full. I have run all scans looking for a worm or something and am coming up clean. McAfee, Mal-Ware, and the scanners on the machine that came with it. Help me please.

Advertisements

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Hello mcjenniffer.... Welcome to GeeksToGo, :) :) :)
I'm sorry to hear about your system issue. We will try to help you get this resolved as fast as possible.

I'm sorry to hear about your issue and we will do what we can to get it resolved for you. Please understand we are all volunteers here and may not be around all the time. If it has been more then 3 days since my last reply to you then please pm me and I will get back to you quickly.

I suggest you go to the Malware Removal and Spyware Removal Forum and run all the steps located in the START HERE. These self-help tools will help you clean up 70% of problems on your own. If you are still having problems after doing the steps, then please post the reguested logs in THAT forum. If you are unable to run any of the tools then start a new topic in the malware forum and put this in the subject line...I am unable to run any malware tools

If you are still having problems after being given a clean bill of health from the malware expert, then please return to THIS thread and we will pursue other options to help you solve your current problem(s).

mcjenniffer

mcjenniffer

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
I listed the test results in the forum you told me to. Not sure if they were good or bad. No change in the running of my machine. Still cannot find deleted/missing files.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
OK be patient as they are very busy but someoen will eventually get to you.
If not in 3 days then post in the Waiting Room with a link to your malware topic.
I will continue to monitor this topic and await the completion of the malware techs analysis.