Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Sendto "Compressed folder" missing

• Please log in to reply

LAFitz

LAFitz

• PipPip
  • 38 posts
The Sendto Compressed folder command is missing from my XP-Pro SP3 machine. I have tried both methods for restoring it (see below), but neither works. In any event, your advice would be much appreciated.

Note: I'm running Zipeg - third party zip extraction software. Could that be the cause?

Laurie

Method 1:

Go to Start –> Run and copy and paste the following command:

rundll32 zipfldr.dll,RegisterSendto

This will automatically restore Compressed (Zipped) Folder in Send To Menu.

Method 2:

Download this Compressed (Zipped) Folder file, unzip it and save it in the following location:

C:\Documents and Settings\%username%\SendTo

where C is your Operating System drive and %username% is your user folder which you’ll find in Documents and Settings.

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
Third party software such as WinZip and others take the .ZIP extension for themselves. If this is the case there is no longer any option to "Send to Compressed Folder". It is usually surplus to requirements anyway since most ZIP software adds its own options to make ZIP files by right-click on what you want to ZIP.