Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

What Does "Driver Interface" Mean in Device Manager

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

• PipPip
  • 52 posts
When I open 'show hidden devices' in Device Manager up pops an entry called "Driver Interface". I have a yellow question mark over 'Driver Interface' and when I open it, I have one entry with a question mark over it.
Firstly, can you define what "Driver Interface" means in as simplistic, non-geeky language as possible? I've looked up the term on Google, but don't understand the explanations.
Also, the fact that a yellow question mark appears over it when I open it up gives me a clue that something is 'not right' somewhere...maybe a 'conflict' or 'unknown device' or something, but I am just guessing.
Any insight into this would be appreciated. Remember, I am not that computer literate, so please try to keep your explanation as understandable as possible, so I can get to work on fixing this thing.

• 34,114 posts
You have posted this question at PC Pitstop also with responses already made.
I see that the issue was already resolved by you on the last reply you made on that forum at 2:24am this morning.
Thank you for using GTG and this topic will now be closed since the issue seems to be resolved and to multi forum site posting.