Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Firefox

• Please log in to reply

clixto

clixto

• PipPipPip
  • 239 posts
Since yesterday the firefox internet browser won't open. I keep getting this message..."Firefox is already running but is not responding. To open a new window, you must first close the existing firefox process, or restart your system" I can open IE only. I have the latest version. I recently dl skype (not sure if this is the cause). Also my internet seems really slow

thx in advance

I have attached RootRepeal log and OTL logs. Malwarebytes came up with nothing

Edited by clixto, 31 August 2009 - 03:12 PM.

Advertisements

emeraldnzl

emeraldnzl

GeekU Instructor

• GeekU Moderator
  • 20,051 posts
Posted in error thinking it was Malware Forum.

Edited by emeraldnzl, 13 September 2009 - 03:11 PM.

Artellos

Artellos

Tech Secretary

• Global Moderator
  • 3,915 posts
Hello clixto,

Please download SINO by Artellos from one of the below links.
Link1 (exe)
Link2 (zip)

• Save SINO to a place you can remember and run SINO.exe. (If you downloaded the zip version you will need to extract it first.)
  • Then please check the following checkboxes:
    Tasklist
    Startup Items
    Ipconfig
    Ping
  • Once checked, hit the Run Scan! button and wait for the program to finish the scan.
  • A notepad file will pop up, Please copy and paste the content of the notepad into your next reply.

Note: If you try to interact with the program once it's started scanning it might appear to hang. The scan however will continue.

Regards,
Olrik

clixto

clixto

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 239 posts
won't allow me to upload. I put it in a word doc

Attached Files

• Attached File  log.doc   42.5KB   26 downloads

Artellos

Artellos

Tech Secretary

• Global Moderator
  • 3,915 posts
Hello again,

I suspect you might have malware on your machine.
Please go to the malware forum and follow the instructions there.

If you're still having problems after the malware staff give you a clean bill of health, feel free to post back in this topic and we'll continue from there.

Regards,
Olrik

Major Payne

Major Payne

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 5,307 posts
Just a quick interjection because I have instances of FF running and the app has been closed. Opening Task Manager I did see one running every time I got the same message. Closing it with Task Manager allowed FF to be open from shortcut again without the message.

Still have not figured out what caused the other instance of FF to start, but it seems not to be a case of having a new window of FF open because of getting the warning message. I'm not sure, but it may be related to FF trying to run some Java programs that use the applet tags. Haven't confirmed this.

Definitely will stay and follow this thread. Please excuse the butt in.

Rose Queen

Rose Queen

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I've recently started having a similar problem, in that I'll click the icon to open my browser and I'll get an error message that says Firefox is already running, but not responding, and that I'll have to close the browser or restart my system. I can't identify anything particular that creates this problem and Task Manager doesn't show Firefox running, even though the error message says it is. Accordingly, the only thing I can do is restart my computer, which is a major PITA.

Olrik, what is the SINO.exe you recommended? Is is something that might be useful with my issue? If so, when should it be run, when the problem appears or any time?

Thanks for any help any of you can give me with this problem!

Artellos

Artellos

Tech Secretary

• Global Moderator
  • 3,915 posts
Hello Rose Queen,

First, my suggestion for your problem would be to try and re-install Firefox. This could get rid of the program.

And about SINO, It's a program I have developed for Diagnostics on the forums.
More Information on SINO

Regards,
Olrik