Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

DELL windows XP in a COMPAQ presario

• Please log in to reply

Yansy

Yansy

• Pip
  • 4 posts
Hello, I had some problems with my laptop Compaq presario v2000. I need it to format it, but the only cd that I have is the DELL Recovery cd for windows Home. (my laptop has the code for the windows xp home, so i thought that it was not illegal because i already paid for windows)
anyway, I have windows, but a lot of hardware is having a problems: mass sotorage controller, multimedia audio controller, network controller, pci modem, sm bus controller, universal serial bus (USB controller and video controller) I tried to install them from the HP website, but it didn't work, I download (paid) drivers from a website, but it says "The INF file does not contain information for this sistem's hardware"
What can I do? is there a place where I can download the recovery cd windows xp home for a compaq?
Thanks

Advertisements

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Dell won't have Compaq drivers.
Compaq Support Numbers

Yansy

Yansy

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
That's why I download the drivers from http://www.recovery-cd.com/
but still does not work. what else should I do?

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Contact Comaq and see about purchasing a recovery cd for your model of laptop. Cost should be less then 50.00 USD
This will have all the original drivers for your system. Use the link I supplied in first post.