Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Power/Overheating?

• Please log in to reply

Mayko

Mayko

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 67 posts
Here is the graphics tab you wanted.

Attached Thumbnails

• graphictab.gif

Advertisements

happyrock

happyrock

Tech Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 9,285 posts
OK...lets review...
as long as you keep the side cover off and a large fan blowing into the case it runs ok but a little warmer than we would like...at least no crashing...
so we need to look at your case cooling...
you need a case fan installed in the front down low (in front of the HD/s) blowing cool air into the case...preferably a 120mm...
you need another case fan (again a 120mm) high on the back blowing hot air out of the case...
maybe some cable management to help with airflow

no joy
you can remove the video card ad give it a GOOD cleaning including reapplying the thermal paste and hope for the best or you are looking at a new case

Mayko

Mayko

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 67 posts
Well theres a 120mm in the upper back(out) and 1 120mm on the side(out) its ran very cool for a year with no problems the wiring is still tucked away very nicely to be honest. When i click on another page while a game is open a webpage or another app the temps drop back down until i click back on the game. Seems odd to me like speedfan is only guessing.

happyrock

happyrock

Tech Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 9,285 posts
the way you have it set up is negative pressure...if you do not have a way to add another case fan in the front to blow into the case then switch the side fan to low into the case...
just a little dust or fuzz on the gpu fan blades ( all fan blades) will cut down its efficiency dramatically...
try using q-tips to clean of the backside of the fan blades
do you have any filters on the air intakes...if so clean them...

Mayko

Mayko

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 67 posts
Sorry i stated that wrong the side fan blows in right onto the GPU and part of the CPU. The exit fan has some dust on its fins but the side one if clean as a whistle. There is a spot in the front for another 60mm fan I believe. I read reviews and they said it was extreamly hard to get a fan that fit it and to get 1 in there. may have been a special 50mm or something.

happyrock

happyrock

Tech Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 9,285 posts
I doubt a 50mm or even a 60mm fan would move much air and if it did it would have to turn about 4000+ rpm and sound like a jet...
have you tried using speedfan to increase your fan speeds to 100%...
because you said your fan speeds don't change even when playing games...look in the BIOS ...look for fan speed control. Options vary considerably from motherboard to motherboard, but you want to make sure that automatic fan speed control, often referred to as "smart fan," is enabled if it's an option. You may also see a fan option asking whether you're using a three- or four-pin fan, sometimes referred to as DC and PWM, respectively. Select the appropriate fan type based on your processor cooler type

Mayko

Mayko

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 67 posts
I took her out back and blew it out REALLY good this time just to make sure it was done well. The CPU fan has speed up a good bit it hit around 2380 this morning compared to around 2100 cap before. It is running a bit cooler, but still a bit higher then it should be . All of the fans in speedfan are at 100% hasnt changed anything that I have seen. So far today it is running better with the deep cleaning. This is with the case closed. I still have an external fan blowing on the front of the case, but it is texas so thats more for me ^.^.

happyrock

happyrock

Tech Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 9,285 posts
did you look in the bios at all...

Mayko

Mayko

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 67 posts
I have not yet very tired so just barely staying awake at the moment. I will shortly working on a paper. I need to check it for fan speeds correct? to turn them up?

happyrock

happyrock

Tech Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 9,285 posts
yep... or at least to auto so when the system starts getting hot the fans will spin at top speed

Advertisements

Mayko

Mayko

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 67 posts
It has been running fine for a little while. I started getting Antivir popping up with Trojan. TR/Crypt.XPACK.Gen . Could this be any issue? I just installed Aion and started to get it. I had Avira capture it and i deleted it. So far i have not crashed. This last crash was on my desktop with just Skype and Speedfan open. No game was opened or loading.

OK then i was testing out after avira cleaned that file up ..... got a BSOD on a flash game around 5-10 mins in. My temps were all very low compared to normal? Anyway i should have a dump file now, and the issues was as follows.
0x0000008E (0xC0000047, 0x820CAE32, 0x803E7BC, 0x0000000) This is a BSOD I have never seen myself =0 sadly with vista I have seen a few heh. At least this is new and better then no BSOD in my opinion. Thanks in advance! Progress?? heh

Edited by Mayko, 20 September 2009 - 02:57 AM.

happyrock

happyrock

Tech Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 9,285 posts
I still think its heat related but to be sure...

first ...check with windows updates to make sure you have ALL the critical updares...then
Please go to Malware and Spyware Cleaning Guide...
HERE....

That will help you clean up 80 percent of all problems by yourself. If at the end of the process you are still having difficulty (and you may not be) follow the instructions start a new topic
here
post the OTListIt2 and Rooter logs ...
The "Topic Title" should contain the name of the infection that you are having a problem with...Use the "Topic Description" to include more details. This will help you get faster responses as some people are more familiar with certain infections....

if you are unable to download or run ANY of the tools...try downloading them on another computer and put them on a flash drive or cd and try installing them that way..
no joy...
start a new topic and let them know you can't run any of the tools..

Mayko

Mayko

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 67 posts
At this point i'm kind of confused =0 I got these readings for around 20-30 mins while scanning for virus's at 100% load. Now I really doubt it is a heat issue from these =0 they are way higher then possible? Could my Speedfan be off? Does it "predict" temps? I'm lost at the moment heh, any ideas? I am currently waiting with a Trojan/virus post up if that is the issue. The computer never stuttered or slowed at any time. The side of the case heated up as well. This is all with the side panel ON and no fan on it.

Attached Thumbnails

• wowheat.JPG

Edited by Mayko, 21 September 2009 - 02:32 AM.

happyrock

happyrock

Tech Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 9,285 posts
go here and download Everest Home Edition 1.51...launch it and click on the + beside computer...click on sensor...get a screenshot and post it for us...
NOTE for any of you that have other newer versions of EVEREST HOME ...I highly recommend you get version 1.51
it has a software section that include what versions of the software installed and all the updates/patches you have installed that the newer versions of Everest do not have...

Mayko

Mayko

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 67 posts
Here is the sensor tab. I believe there is another one earlier in the post, but I do not remember.

Something HAS to be off somewhere this is what i got with speedfan while posting this??? My temps have never been as low as 40-43C while streaming Hulu video... In the past weeks with issues they have been 49-52 while doing the same. Is it possible its a virus, or I have a corrupt version of speedfan? I have been back at the PC for around maybe 20 minutes and the CPU0 Fan is stuck around 2300-2500 which in my opinion is GREAT lol. Is this a bad thing at all? I don't care the smallest bit about noise even though it is making none whatsoever.

Attached Thumbnails

• sensor.jpg
  • Sensor1.jpg

Edited by Mayko, 21 September 2009 - 07:03 AM.