Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Installation error for MS office 2007

• Please log in to reply

Whattodo?

Whattodo?

• PipPip
  • 18 posts
hello,

I downloaded MS office 2007 but when I tried to run the setup file, it gave me an error stating that the setup could not locate the installation file, it also said that I might have a problem with the copy I downloaded but to me anyway, the problem seems to be linked to the fact that I cannot uninstall the MS OFfice 2003 copy from the add/remove programs utlility, that I had installed on my system. I cannot open any MS Office applications at all. Whenever I try to run, it gives me an error stating that a specific file for the application is missing. I tried deleting the folder from the C: drive but even then the program is still listed in the add/remove programs and won't go away. I'm running Windows XP Media Center Edition with SP3. Any help would be greatly appreciated. :) thankyou.

Edited by Whattodo?, 31 August 2009 - 04:31 AM.

Advertisements

Murray S.

Murray S.

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,513 posts
  • MVP
Howdy:

Where might I ask did you download MS Office from?

Murray

Whattodo?

Whattodo?

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
never mind...:)