Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

Display issues

• Please log in to reply

• PipPip
  • 83 posts
My Friend said that his other friend updated his drivers, which may have been the wrong one. Now the monitor wont display anything but windows still load as you can hear it through start up. He says he should of been able to see the splash screen for his mobo but it doesnt show.

I think there is no other port for a dvi/vga port for this mobo.

Question is would another video card would be able to display his mobo even though the video card is different?

His Spec are:

Asus A8N-Deluxe
evga geforce 7600 gt
I forgot his cpu but know its a duo core
his ram doesnt matter so i didnt ask.
Any suggestion would be grateful

Portlock - Oahu

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,793 posts

Question is would another video card would be able to display his mobo even though the video card is different?

If that's your only question, the answer is yes. Bios doesn't use the video driver Windows does.

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hello there I have the Asus A8n Premium board and also the Evga 7600gt video card , was playing eve-online when the game stutttered and froze then went to no signal, so i restarted the computer windows login screen had vertical blue treadmarks on it then would go to no signal but you could hear windows load up thru the speakers,

i continued to remove the nvidia drivers from safemode and the pc will load up windows fine but no graphics acceleration tried to install drivers and get no signal about halfway thru the install process. took out the video card to look at it the heatsink was full of dust allowing no ventilation so im assuming it over heated and have a new video card on order. So its very important to keep it cleaned and dust free looks like a failed gpu problem, will let u know if thats the problem.