Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

Computer only sees CD-rom now, not my DVD

• Please log in to reply

• Pip
  • 1 posts
All of the sudden now when I go to My Computer it only shows CD drive, not DVD any more. If I put in a DVD I can't go to My computer and see what is on it. I think it will play though. Also, a message keeps coming up that says, "Cannot Complete the CD Writing Wizard," ?

I tried to do System Restore, but for some reason it had stopped and there were no restore points.

Any advice for me?

Thank you for any help.

Oh, I did try to follow some advice from Microsoft about filters in the registry, but I did not see any filters at all.

• PipPip
  • 83 posts
Yea, I have the same problem as you do. Might be that the dvd has gone sour on you. Question did you put a dvd rom (like an original copy of something) into your computer or a burnt dvd? My logic says that the part of the dvd went dead already and you cant use it like you used to. Good thing that now most DVDs cost $20 dollars now so it shouldnt be a problem