Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Network Problems (I think)

• Please log in to reply

rynarri

rynarri

• Pip
  • 9 posts
Okay.. So my comp isn't working properly.

So I start it up and first off the sidebar isn't working. But I'm not connected to the internet (so that probably why it is not working). So I attempt to connect to a network, but the network box freezes and goes nowhere.
Shutting down doesn't work either.. I have to push the button to shut it down.

So then I start it in safe-mode and it seems to work, but if I start it in safe mode with networking it does absolutely nothing.

So now nothing is opening, not even task manager is opening. (unless i'm in safe mode).

Help :)

Advertisements

rev_olie

rev_olie

• PipPipPip
  • 532 posts
Hi,

Welcome to GeeksToGo :)

I believe that your Pc may be infected. The signs or not connectivity and the shutdown and task manager issues seem like an infection.
I would advise you get yourself checked out.
Click Here and follow the guide. Then start a new topic Here
If after 3 OR MORE DAYS you get no reply, read This Thread

Once complete post back to this threaqd if you still have the same problem.
:)

Edited by rev_olie, 01 September 2009 - 04:18 PM.

rynarri

rynarri

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
Alrighty. So I did everything I could on the Malware and Spyware cleaning guide.

But, the problem still remains. Once when I turned my comp on everything looked normal and I had internet.. but it said I wasn't connected to a network (probably some stupid vista thing lol) So I tried to connect and it froze.

Meanwhile every time the guide said to reboot I did the regular "restart" command, but it never logged off. So I just ended up pushing the button every time.

And I couldn't update my system, even though there is a sp2 update waiting to be installed. But the installation goes nowhere and doesn't even go to 1% progress while attempting to download.

So I don't know what the problem is :/

rev_olie

rev_olie

• PipPipPip
  • 532 posts
Ok you haven't created a new thread.

You need to make a new thread HERE. Then you need to paste the logs into your reply (the logs will actually spread over multiple replies). Then an expert will come along and will analyse your logs. Running all of the steps won't remove most infections merely find it.

Sorry for not being clearer :)

rynarri

rynarri

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
Okay.. So I've been advised to start a topic here.

Is it alright if I just post the OTS log here?

Its doing the same thing.. only now I can actually connect to the internet. But it says the computer is not connected to a network and when I try to, the window takes forever to open and then just freezes. But my sidebar is working, since i have internet. So I thinks its just a network problem of some sorts.

*edit* Can this be moved to the network forum? I did not see that forum when I first did this post...

Edited by rynarri, 13 September 2009 - 04:45 PM.