Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Windows xp reinstalled on laptop but wireless connection and audio mis

• Please log in to reply

kamiles

kamiles

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Hello!!

I've just had to reinstall windows xp on my laptop as i got alot of nasty viruses etc and wanted to start afresh.

After i had reinstalled it i lost all EVERYTHING! I cannot connect to the internet as my wireless connection is completely missing. I have tried to set up a wireless netowrk etc and nothing seems to happen.

Also my audio has completely gone aswel!!

Can someone help me please?!

Thank you

Advertisements

rev_olie

rev_olie

• PipPipPip
  • 532 posts
Hi,

Welcome to GeeksToGo :)

What make and model of laptop do you have?

When you reinstalled and formatted Windows you have wiped your data. This also includes wiping drivers which is basically software to allow Windows to communicate with your hardware. Without that usually the hardware wont work or be recognised.

If you got any disks with your system with Drivers on the front I advise you run the software on their to reinstall the hardware.
:)

kamiles

kamiles

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
My laptop is Acer Aspire 5630 series.

i also do not have any cds with software that i can upload to it, the only software cd i have is the one that i has windows xp that i loaded onto it!

wot else can i do if i do not have any cds?

thank you for your help so far

rev_olie

rev_olie

• PipPipPip
  • 532 posts
Not having the disk's isnt an issue don't worry :). The files will probably be very out of date anyhow. You will need another PC to do the following, either use a USB stick etc to transfer. Ask if you have issues

• Click HERE to go the Acer support page for your laptop.
  • There is a heading that says MS Windows XP click the downward arrow under that (the box has Drivers and Utilities written in it)
  • Click each one of these that you need and download them to your desktop.
  • Then right click each one and choose Extract All
    Posted Image
  • Then open the newly created folder and double click the file inside called Setup.exe and follow the instructions for each.

Edited by rev_olie, 02 September 2009 - 09:17 AM.

TheWhiteRose000

TheWhiteRose000

• PipPipPip
  • 302 posts
run.

Cpuz you can find it on google.
It will tell you the make and motherboard of your computer.

Either search computer name or motherboard on said google.
Locate the drivers for it and download them.

After that transfer them over via USB and then install them one at a time.
I have a ACER 5535 and thats the end result of what you have to do when you "Upgrade" to Windows XP.

xD

After that everything should work fine.

=3

rev_olie

rev_olie

• PipPipPip
  • 532 posts

run.

Cpuz you can find it on google.
It will tell you the make and motherboard of your computer.

Either search computer name or motherboard on said google.
Locate the drivers for it and download them.

After that transfer them over via USB and then install them one at a time.
I have a ACER 5535 and thats the end result of what you have to do when you "Upgrade" to Windows XP.

TheWhiteRose000,
What is the point in following that and downloading an extra app to find out the information when the OP has allready stated the make and model of their Laptop?
The link I have given above is a list of drivers for the Acer Aspire 5630 series which the OP has already stated they have...