Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Upgrading video card

• Please log in to reply

civiccrazy

civiccrazy

• PipPipPip
  • 244 posts
I have a HIS H260PRFS512DDN-R Radeon HD 2600PRO 512MB 128-bit GDDR2 PCI Express x16 video card now that I purchased when I built my computer about 1 year ago. I think the fan is going out in it, it is really loud. SO...I am just going to replace it. My question is What would be comparable or better than this card under about $75 or cheaper?

Please let me know Thanks.

Advertisements

civiccrazy

civiccrazy

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 244 posts
Would anyone be able to help? What would the best video card I can get for under $75 or so? I have a GIGABYTE GA-P35-DS3L motherboard.

edge2022

edge2022

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,117 posts
For ATI, you would be looking at a Radeon HD 4670: http://www.newegg.co...N82E16814125277
For NVIDIA, a 9500 or 9600GT. Like this one: http://www.newegg.co...N82E16814130485

civiccrazy

civiccrazy

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 244 posts
I plan on going with the ATI one. Will it work with my motherboard? since it's not pci express x16 2.0?

edge2022

edge2022

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,117 posts
It should work fine... PCI-E 2.x is backwards compatible with PCI-E 1.x
Make sure that the card will fit (I am sure it will anyways, but just to be safe)