Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Mildly annoying issue.

• Please log in to reply

TerasMinus

TerasMinus

• PipPip
  • 51 posts
Normally if you open up My Documents or My Pictures, with the thumbnails view, it will show either a thumbnail of the picture(if it is one) or an icon for the file type (i.e. a notepad for notepad), and then under the thumbnail it would show the file name. For some strange reason, in both my My Documents and My Pictures folders, only the thumbnail is shown. The file names are gone, and i can only see the file name by clicking it or hovering the mouse over it. Just recently Documents did this, while Pictures did this a long time ago. However, if i go to Documents thru the Documents and Settings folders, everything shows up fine in all the folders. Does anyone know how i could go about fixing this?

Advertisements

Broni

Broni

Kraków my love :)

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,300 posts
Switch view to something else, like "Details", and then switch back to whatever setting you have now.

TerasMinus

TerasMinus

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts
I've tried that before and it didnt work. I think it might be caused from a virus i had removed recently.

Broni

Broni

Kraków my love :)

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,300 posts
I suggest that you start a new topic in the Malware Removal and Spyware Removal area.

Before you start a new topic click on this link --> Malware and Spyware Cleaning Guide, Please read before starting a new topic. This will give you a few preparations to make, as well as instruction for posting your OTListIt2 log.

If you are still having problems after being given a clean bill of health from the malware expert, then please return to THIS thread and we will pursue other options to help you solve your current problem(s).

TheWhiteRose000

TheWhiteRose000

• PipPipPip
  • 302 posts
Least that answers the question I had also.
xD

So I had Malware back on my XP.
Good thing I refortmatted and put 7 on it.
*hugs 7*