Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

My PC dead

• Please log in to reply

dpham

dpham

• PipPip
  • 37 posts
Hi Everyone

I am not sure where to post my problem, and forgive me if I post a worng area.

I build a new PC, 6 months old with Asus P6T motherboard, 6 Ram DDR3, core i7 920 and two hard drives.

I am using the beta trial for Windows 7, expired next year.

My PC crash for the first time today and reboot alright. I shutdown for a few hours and turn it back ON, the PC shows NOTHING at all. The fan is running, the monitor screen did not even turn on (wakeup from sleep mode) and of course NO BIO boot up screen or even the Bip sound from motherboard.

I swap the spare power supply ===>>> same result, still not respond.
I swap the square graphic card ===>>> same result, still not respond.

Can anyone help on this problem? Should I change all 3 Rams to the next pair slot? how can I test the CPU or Motherboard? Again the PC is completely NOT boot up.

Thanks

Advertisements

jjawm

jjawm

• PipPip
  • 12 posts
Try removing the ram first then bootup should get nothing but some beeps...no?
Try removing the processor then bootup again nothing but beeps...no?
My first guess would be a bad mobo...
If you could get your hands on another mobo you could trouble shoot processor & ram chips. My experience is if the mobo is good you should get beeps, even if the ram or processor is bad. Double check to see if ram is seated properly. one time I got nothing because the ram wasn't seated all the way, sorry for your loss, jja