Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Problems with my pc,help please!

• Please log in to reply

korudo

korudo

• Pip
  • 4 posts
I am having a few problems

1.) My task manager will not come up,whenever i ctl+alt+del or right click and try to display it,it won't come up at all.

2.) There are 4 files in the c drive that everytime i delete them,then return after i restart my pc.And because of this,i am forced to get a setup wizard pop-up screen whenever it boots.And if i click next, it says "This program cannot be installed on windows xp.NO CLUE what it is.The files are "bt" which looks like an exe file, a zip file called "tmp", and a notepad file called "x" and another temp file called "z.tmp" They just won't erase.

3.) What exactly is "DR.WATSONS POSTMORTEM DEBUGGER"?? Because lately,whenever i drag video files from my download folder,and try to drop them into my video folder,this pops up and says it has encountered an error and needs to close,then the pc crashes every single time.

Those are my problems,can anyone please help me out with this?

Advertisements

austin_o

austin_o

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 2,089 posts
I would suspect virus/trojan/malware. Work your way though the malware guide at the top of this forum where it says "Do you suspect a malware (Spyware, Virus, Trojan) infection? Please start here. " If you still have trouble after that, run a hijack this log and post it in the malware forum at
http://www.geekstogo...o_Here-f37.html