Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

No sound

• Please log in to reply

peyote

peyote

• PipPipPip
  • 161 posts
My speakers have stopped working but when I go to "device manager" and click "test" they test fine. Anyone know how to fix this or what is wrong as it is driving me mad trying to figure this out.

Every cable is plugged in and no unplugging or extra hardware has been added, I did have a windows update lastnight but I went to "restore point" and restored the comp back to last night setting and it completely ****'ed my computer up. Computer lights were on and fan spinning but monitor had no signal input and switched to standby. Just took me 90 minutes to fix it. All I done was unplug everything, dust the internals and plug it all back again and it works fine now but still no sound.

Anyone know what the problem could be ?

Please help :)

Advertisements

jjawm

jjawm

• PipPip
  • 12 posts
Assuming that you have your sound card drivers available, try uninstalling them in the control panel, system, hardware, device manager...then scan for hardware changes, if asked for drivers, browse or put in the cd.

When you tested for sound did you go to the sounds under control panel and test for windows default sounds and get sounds through you speakers? Just checking sometimes checking is not checking, jja