Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

If WAN Traffic is set to automatic...

• Please log in to reply

• PipPip
  • 41 posts
If WAN traffic is set to automatic but I still lag should i put it to manual?
Its for my PS3.
Sometimes when somebody else is using the internet it may lag unbelievably even when WAN Traffic is set to manual.
The measured uplink speed is 512 mbps but that should change when it requires more speed right?
Also when I look at measured uplink speed on my PS3 it says something outrageously faster like 3.2 mbps or 2.5 mbps. But thats only for estimate regardless, does that mean when the PS3 requires more mbps the WAN Traffic system will manage that? Because when somebody else is using the internet it doesn't seem to work to well so maybe I should put it to manual at 2 mbps. But at the same time that is lower than the estimated 3.2 mbps. So would I be worse off? Or better off to make it manual?

Sorry for all the questions.

P.S. I have a 5 mbps Connection Speed.

Edited by Beta55, 03 September 2009 - 02:53 PM.