Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

can't find manual for motherboaqrd

• Please log in to reply

RJS57

RJS57

• Pip
  • 1 posts
apparently in an attempt to consolidate our computer manuals, I misplaced the manual for my husbands desktop motherboard. It is a GA-K8NS ultra 363 made by gigabyte. Gigabyte doesn't even list this motherboard on their website. We are trying to figure out the type of ram it uses and if we can upgrade the amount of ram already inside.

Advertisements

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Hello RJS57.... Welcome to GeeksToGo, :) :) :)

I'm sorry to hear about your issue. We will try to help you resolve this as soon as possible.
Please understand we are all volunteers and we are not here all the time. Sometimes it may be a extended amount of time to get back to you. If it has been more then 3 days please shoot me a PM and I will try to get back to you quickly then.

Is your husbands system working?
Does it boot into windows?
Does it have internet access?

If all of the above are yes then please have him do the following on his system.

Go to HERE and run the Crucial online scanner.
This will give you the exact memory configuration for your system. You do not have to buy the memory from there, but write down the information and if you need assistance in purchasing the upgrade memory GTG can assist with suggestions also.

Troy

Troy

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 8,839 posts
Is this your manual?

Also there's revision 2.x series of that motherboard as well, so you'd have to check the revision as well. Although it's most likely they use the same RAM.

Crucial scanner (posted by Ron above) should be able to pick it up regardless.

Troy

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
There appears to be no such board as a GA-K8NS Ultra 363. There is a GA-K8NS Ultra 939.