Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

i cant get in my computer

• Please log in to reply

Neel P

Neel P

• PipPip
  • 15 posts
so when i get back from school i turn on my computer i get this msg saying Verifying DMI Pool Data so i leave my computer on then at night i check again and it still saying the same thing so i restart my computer and it still says the same thing i dont know what the problem is plx help me i have Acer Aspire E380 desktop i am not a computer dude so if u can plx go step by step on how to solve my problem i really need ur help all my school stuff is in there and i need to get to it plx help me solve this thx :) :) :) :) :) :)

Edited by Neel P, 03 September 2009 - 04:31 PM.

Advertisements

Broni

Broni

Kraków my love :)

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,300 posts
Run hard drive diagnostics: http://www.tacktech....ay.cfm?ttid=287
Make sure, you select tool, which is appropriate for the brand of your hard drive.
Depending on the program, it'll create bootable floppy, or bootable CD.
If downloaded file is of .iso type, use ImgBurn: http://www.imgburn.com/ to burn .iso file to a CD (select "Write image file to disc" option), and make the CD bootable.

NOTE. If your hard drive is made by Toshiba, unfortunately, you're out of luck, because Toshiba doesn't provide any diagnostic tool.

Neel P

Neel P

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
i dont understand if i cant get to my acer windows or anything like that i do i install all this

Broni

Broni

• 12,300 posts
I don't understand, what you're saying...

Neel P

Neel P

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
well when i turn on my computer i get verfying DMI Pool Data and thats it i cant do anything only think i can do is restart it but the same thing comes up

Broni

Broni

• 12,300 posts
Did you read my post #2?
Did you go to HD diagnostic link?
Did you read instructions for your particular HD tool?
Those tools will create bootable CD. it doesn't matter, if you can't boot to Windows.

Neel P

Neel P

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
do u know what hard drive does ACer Aspire E380?

Broni

Broni

• 12,300 posts
I have no idea. You may need to open the case, and take a look.

Neel P

Neel P

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
well i dont know what company hard drive is in my acer aspire e380 and i cant check inside the computer beacuse it is broke so help me plx

Excal

Excal

Malware Slayer Extraordinaire!

• Retired Staff
  • 12,739 posts
Neel P

I know your upset. I need you to take a deep breath. Please do not start any more topics on this, follow these instructions carefully:

I suggest you go to the Malware Removal and Spyware Removal Forum and run all the steps located in the START HERE. These self-help tools will help you clean up 70% of problems on your own. If you are still having problems after doing the steps, then please post the reguested logs in THAT forum. If you are unable to run any of the tools then start a new topic in the malware forum and put this in the subject line...I am unable to run any malware tools

:)

Excal

Neel P

Neel P

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
well if i cant get into my computer how can i run malware and also broni i tried ur way but i cant do it cause i dont have a floppy and no floppy reader on my computer so i guess i will have to spend like 200 bucks to get this problem fix :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

Broni

Broni

• 12,300 posts
Open the case, see who's your drive maker and run the test.