Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

No Video Acer PC

• Please log in to reply

^_^

^_^

• PipPip
  • 39 posts
Hi

I Have with me a an ACER Aspire, probably 1 year old from this date on,

so the problem is that i can't seem to get the video signal to work Or to POST. I'v Tried
S-Video to TV, DMI to monitor, VGA to monitor,VGA To TV, the client even bought a new VGA cable, but to no avail.

My next option was to buy a new Video card, i bought a ok, pretty cheap VGC, a 8400GS for 32$ from MSI, i made sure to test it on my PC before it slap in. unortunately no luck with the clients pc

Other things i tried: Testing the RAM, Re-seating the CPU, even put on Arctic silver 5

The only i can think about is the Motherboard it self, that or the 240 Watt PSU.

Also i do not get any error beeps

Edited by ^_^, 04 September 2009 - 11:54 AM.

Advertisements

makai

makai

Portlock - Oahu

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,793 posts
Unfortunately, it's against the TOU to assist you in this matter. Please read the TERMS OF USE, #3, second bullet.

^_^

^_^

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 39 posts
ahh i see, sorry, but thanks for replying, this topic should probably be closed soon then