Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Help for GreenAV2009

• Please log in to reply

paranormal061193

paranormal061193

• PipPip
  • 40 posts
OK, guys! My last 2 posts, (1) Can't Remove GreenAV2009! Help! and (2) Can't seem to get rid of this GreenAV2009, have both gone with no reply. So I went to a computer repair shop and spoke with a computer expert who told me to do this...

This applies to Windows Vista only... I am unsure if it will work with other operating systems...

First you will need to purchase a new operating system. This can run several hundred dollars, but I bought mine on Ebay for $10. Next go to your computer and click start, then Help and Support. Then simply follow the on-screen directions for taking your computer back to the factory settings. This will successfully remove any viruses as well as any files you may have put into your computer, so it would be wise to back up all files and anything else you want to keep, onto a disk. This option will return your computer to the way it was when it was brand new. The only problem is that it will not replace or reinstall the operating system. Next, install the operating system you recently purchased, and you are good to go. Worked for me! Keep up the good work guys!

Advertisements