Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Can't do anything on computer

• Please log in to reply

Crystalwalker27

Crystalwalker27

• Pip
  • 4 posts
Hello,

I was just wondering if anyone could help me. I have a pc with windows xp on it, and it's quite outdated. Recently, I don't know what happened, but everything was wiped off the computer. I had to start from scratch, (which wasn't so bad since I never used it), but since then I've been using it quite often. I download from torrent websites occasionally, and was warned that I have a trojan on my computer.

I went on to filehippo.com, as the reboot from earlier erased all previous anti-virus protection. As soon as I found out about the virus, I began trying to download new anti-virus programs such as AVG, Avanti, and a couple more. NONE of them worked, but this one "Protection System" kept telling me I had a virus, as did a regular virus-warning pop-up by windows.

Anywho, it said the virus infected iexplorer and now I'm not able to access ANYTHING on my computer. I rebooted it, and not even the task manager will pop up, not to mention the bottom task bar.

What should I do!? I am unable to do anything with this computer and I REALLY don't want to delete anything I have on the computer!

Please help! :)

Advertisements