Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Blue screen - not what u think

• Please log in to reply

gen.disarray

gen.disarray

• Pip
  • 1 posts
ok here we go.
When i turn on my laptop (hp pav vista) it wont load past the microsoft corporation loading bar- i dont reach the logon screen or desktop, instead i get a couple of flickers of black boxes which then disappear completely,
and then all i get is a blank blue screen- its not a blue screen of death- its more of a purpley blue and its got no writing on it at all and all i can see is the mouse.
It started when my computer aparently blocked a bunch of viruses, trojans and after that it didnt recover. i tried system restore but that didnt work and when i go into safe mode i get a completely black screen except
for 'safe mode' in each corner and microsoft at top - no task manager with ctrl alt delete no start or anything. Ive also tried the using settings from an earlier date option and system repair and ive restarted my computer a million times, made sure its not low on power, but nothing ive done works...Please help coz i have no idea.. :)

Advertisements