Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Wireless networking help

• Please log in to reply

Stokely706

Stokely706

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I have a Linksys WRT54GS model router and I'm trying to set it up a lan network and a wireless network using it. In the instructions it tells you to have a computer hardwired to the router and install the router software to it. This would be okay except the computers I'm trying to network is a Mac desktop with a broken disk drive and a Windows laptop with working drives. So the only computer I could install the software to was the laptop and now if I unhook the laptop from the router I can't get a wireless signal.

I would like to have the router only hardwired to the mac and have the laptop use the wireless signal, or have no computer connected to the WAN slot and have the Mac hooked in one of the LAN Slots and the laptop run on the wireless.

Could someone please tell me how I could do this.

Advertisements