Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Seeking Computer, Non START-UP help. ASAP

• Please log in to reply

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
You can try the command thing again but I'm really beginning to wonder what is going on here.
The system not turning off correctly is not good at all.

Advertisements

123Runner

123Runner

Member 4k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,527 posts
We at Geeks to Go are here to help people like yourself resolve their computer issues.
We are also here to advise them on how to keep them running with very little issues.
Part of us helping posters is that we would like them to follow our directions during the repair process and our recommendations after. This is the only way that a problem can be resolved.

GEEKALOT, We have you assisted with resolution to your problem.
In your 1st post you told us that, and I quote

Also this seems to happen when i keep turning of the computer on the hard-drive, other than manually & properly... i don't mean to in order for this to happen. Its just it happens to be quite a habit & at times i may be doing something that i don't particularly want anybody to see as it is personal, so when anybody does happen to come in the room[as it is a family computer].. other than me quickly switching off the screen.. because they'll still know its on... i just press the hard-drive button until it goes off.

You have also told us that you do this because you are doing something that you do not want other people to see. That raises the question of "What are you doing"? We are not here to judge you.

We have told you that shutting the computer off by the power button will create OS (operating system) problems. We have also told you that when operating in safe mode most virus scanners will not operate. You have opened yourself (computer) up to infections from virus and malware.
If you continue to operate in this manner by doing what we ask you to not do, then you will eventually crash the computer to a point where you (and anyone you ask) can not get it up and running

What the computer does during the shutdown process.
1. All running process's are given time to do cleanup and shut themselves down. (This is OS process's and running programs)
2. It save the configuration of the last state the computer was in so you have a clean startup.
3. The last thing it does before shut down is the backup restore. If not done properly, you will most likely get corrupted restore points and not be able to restore to a previous state, if required.

Operating your computer the way you are will create corrupted OS system files as well as program files. You will have repeated boot up issues and program running issues.

If you are having problems with your computer, we can help fix those, BUT, you must stop shutting the computer down by the power switch before we can continue to help you.

You also asked about "bearshare". That is P2P software. We can not help you with that. If you are using any program of that type, then you will most likely have malware and virus's.

123runner

GEEKALOT

GEEKALOT

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

It isnt necessarily a case of the computer being shutdown because it is not what others should see, so no questions should be "raised"... and when having had also asked if operating on safe mode you replied it being fine...if not in those exact words... but certain things will not operate and yes i am aware of that...

Also asked if shuting it down in that manner by the hard drive would cause as much damage as when logged into the computer properly and shutting down that way..

do i or dont i do the cmnd process again just to be on the safe side?

Thank you ..

if not wanting the computer to be fixed and properly working..i wouldnt have signed up to this site, the computer is very important

GEEKALOT

GEEKALOT

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts
Ok well the help will be & is appreciated. The habbit may have just stopped now, .. and regardless of whether or not the shutting off by harddrive thing is explained.. writing to someone about over the pc wont be understood like it actually is anyway..

Sometimes could be applying for a job or something or maybe doing something important or re-shearch & will be interrupted or told to come off the computer so another may go on, while what was being done was very much more important than what they want to do. It can be unfair..though you get use to it, So when know ones really around, the computer is logged onto & when it is heard that anyone is coming, its usually to the point when they are right outside the door, so it is turnt off that way. So yhh, thats where the habbits led off from.

GEEKALOT

GEEKALOT

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts
and so recently after this computer issue had occured and talking to you.. been logging on safe mode alot as the computer switches of faster that way.. much faster .. you seee, you get it all now?

Thanks again

GEEKALOT

GEEKALOT

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts
its like even after fixing the computer its still like that... have ma own laptop, ..guess ah just got to buy a tool for it to start working & switch on again..

was only given a little props when the computer was fixed at that moment... though after they do the same unfair & selfish things in this house.. and its like if it wasnt for me using initiative it wouldnt have been fixed anyway & thanks to you.

GEEKALOT

GEEKALOT

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts
whered you go? you ok?

GEEKALOT

GEEKALOT

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts
ok maybe the response wasnt liked..either way didnt mean to offend you in anyway, though what was written wasnt a lie, do write how you are?
Is everything ok in general.. still helping alot with systems?

GEEKALOT

GEEKALOT

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Just expanded on a stepmother situation and haven't received any response... the PC is great and it is much appreciated yes sirey .. but if the laptop has been taken away and converscated for no particular reason & others can use the computer when Ive just been logged in onto it ...dont even have a computer username either... so only really use it properly when well... the coast is clear.... things mostly to do on it... is store & transfer data, network, jobs, emails, work, study and either one is important because they each amount up to something. This computers been fixed because of ma annotative but hasn't been appreciated in that sense. yesterday when being logged in & doing homework, when ah left the room she turnt off the pc & then said someone else did it, when she was seen anyway, because when approaching the room to continue work she was caught[ ah saw her].. and even if she knows that ..shes not gonna admit that now. And that work is due in class.. :) :) :)

ok not gonna go too personal, but do you get why this turning off thing has become a habbit?