Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Updating my Bios

• Please log in to reply

pyron81

pyron81

• PipPipPip
  • 298 posts
I wouldn't consider myself a computer expert but I am well above average. However I have never updated my bios before. What benefits does updating your bios give you and could someone from geek u guide me through it? I would appreciate the help.

Also does anyone know a good program that lets you know which other programs need updating. Sort of like an all in one? :)

Advertisements

123Runner

123Runner

Member 4k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,307 posts
The only benefit to updating the bios would be if the "new" bios would add a feature to the board that you need.
Also if the update would repair a function of the bios that is not functioning properly and causing issues.

When you update a bios and it is not done correctly, then you risk making your main board a big paper weight. It would become useless. The bios chip would have to be replaced (expensive) or the board.

I use Sesunia Software Inspector to track my programs.

pyron81

pyron81

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 298 posts
Thank you 123Runner. Sounds like I don't need to update it. Thanks for the link. I will check that out.