Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Computer seems to be sputtering like when someone is driving a manual

• Please log in to reply

Broni

Broni

Kraków my love :)

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,300 posts
I assume, the first one is while playing video and the second one while computer idle?
I'm glad your sound problem has been fixed, but I still don't like PE readings - CPU usage too high.

I went back, and I could see, we left RAM testing in the middle of nowhere, since you had some booting problems.
Can you retry those tests?
I start to believe, you have some hardware problem, or system files are totally messed up after the infection.

Advertisements

alphonzo

alphonzo

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 79 posts
I did post logs from 1 ram at a time. Do we need to do more with the ram?

alphonzo

alphonzo

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 79 posts
Im thinking its system files or drivers are screwy, because i never had issues until i had a virus detection and started scanning everything and changing settings etc.

Broni

Broni

• 12,300 posts
Oh, OK, I got it.
Run memtest on EACH stick (instructions in my post #34)

Broni

Broni

• 12,300 posts
You may be right about system files, as I stated before.
Do you have stuff backed up?

alphonzo

alphonzo

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 79 posts
I decided to replace my power supply. I think that mine is bad. My problem is that my little brother took the old one out for me. But now when i put everything back together there must be something not right because the display doesnt come up when the computer is turned on. Everything seems to be running. But moniter is not detecting anything. Anyone able to help with this?