Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

Printer needed!

• Please log in to reply

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 88 posts
I have a portable device, which I need a printer for. The printer must have a parallel (DB-25) port. I need the printer to be as small as possible, so I can take it with me to different places. But be able to do basic A4 printouts (just text). I found a small printer but the cartridges were like £30 each!.

So basically. I want a cheap, small printer, which does basic A4 prints out. Which uses cheap ink cartridges. The smaller the printer, the better!

I don’t know anything about printers. So any help would be grateful!

Grumpy Ol' MSgt (Ret.)

• Retired Staff
  • 3,997 posts
  • MVP
I don't have any recommendations for a printer, but I think I can expand your options a bit. As I am sure you have discovered, more and more printers don't come with parallel (LPT) ports any more, but instead come with USB ports, are wireless, and/or have an Ethernet port. Using an USB to LPT Adapter will allow you to connect USB printers to computers that don't have USB. You might also consider a PC Card adapter.