Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

New build, is it any good? and will vista run good on it?

• Please log in to reply

bluegang6

bluegang6

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 222 posts
ahaha, so i should be fine, right?

Advertisements

Troy

Troy

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 8,841 posts
I can't answer that. I'm not meaning to scare you, but as a Tech I see way too often the problems caused by cheapo power supplies. I absolutely refuse to sell them to my customers. When they complain about the price of a quality PSU as a replacement, I mention that we don't want the issues to happen again, right?

For some reason, my boss here at the shop has a Codegen 825W thing in stock, it was here when I started, and I absolutely refuse to sell it for him. I order in better ones and sell those instead. It's still sitting in the box on the shelf, collecting dust... :) And I just had a quick look at it, it has 2 +12V rails for a total of 37A output - remember this is apparently an 825W PSU! Look up a quality PSU like the Corsair 750W and see what the +12V rail amperage is... :)

bluegang6

bluegang6

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 222 posts
done, i got a new PSU, and i finished my build
is is GREAT
i got the Corsair TX750W :)
and now i can also SLI :)

Troy

Troy

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 8,841 posts
Glad to hear it, it may have been a bit more expensive but you won't regret it... :)

Feel free to post some pics if you like.

Cheers