Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Lose internet connection on my Vista laptop every night at 10pm

• Please log in to reply

Inlowsfarm

Inlowsfarm

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hi,
I have a Dell laptop with Windows Vista Home Edition. Every night at exactly 10pm it goes offline. I have 2 other computers running on the same router and they work fine after 10pm. Anyone know what I need to do to fix this problem? :)
Thanks

Advertisements

OR_Mtn_Man

OR_Mtn_Man

• PipPip
  • 10 posts
Have you checked the router's setup? I had a similar problem in that I had set one of the connections to turn off at night.

Broni

Broni

Kraków my love :)

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,300 posts
Your wife did it. She wants you in bed by 10PM :)
Just kidding...I apologize, I couldn't resist :)

Seriously...
Did you check Task Scheduler?

OurLovableLabs.com

OurLovableLabs.com

• Pip
  • 2 posts
You probably have parental controls set to turn off the Internet at 10 PM. You'll have to change that setting.

Inlowsfarm

Inlowsfarm

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Thank you for ideas. Just to let you know...I'm the wife (heeheehee). Initially I had set the router to turn off at 10pm (long time ago) at my husband's request. :) Although you could access the internet again at 12am (it only blocked it from 10pm-11:59)
Well, we got an internet filter and somehow because of that it didn't block any times at all, just websites. I don't understand how it all works, but my laptop didn't have the internet filter on, but was turning off at 10pm. So you guys helped by jogging my memory that I had set the time limits at all. I had a fiasco getting into the router admin since I could remember anything from a couple years ago...
Long story shorter...I reset the router to its factory defaults and tonight I'll check to see if my laptop can access internet after 10pm. We like to stream in movies from netflix and sometimes it runs past 10pm :)

Thanks!
Inlowsfarm

Broni

Broni

Kraków my love :)

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,300 posts
So, now, we know :)