Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

When i defragment drive C, Many error after the pc reboot then run the

• Please log in to reply

theinvulnerable

theinvulnerable

• PipPip
  • 10 posts
I have this two error in event viewer application logs everytime i reboot.

Event Type: Error
Event Source: Userenv
Event Category: None
Event ID: 1508
Date: 9/6/2009
Time: 7:36:36 AM
User: NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM
Computer:
Description:
Windows was unable to load the registry. This is often caused by insufficient memory or insufficient security rights.

DETAIL - The system has attempted to load or restore a file into the registry, but the specified file is not in a registry file format. for C:\Documents and Settings\LocalService\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Windows\\UsrClass.dat

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft....link/events.asp.

Event Type: Error
Event Source: Userenv
Event ID: 1500
Time: 7:36:36 AM
User: NT AUTHORITY\LOCAL SERVICE
Computer:
Description:
Windows cannot log you on because your profile cannot be loaded. Check that you are connected to the network, or that your network is functioning correctly. If this problem persists, contact your network administrator.

DETAIL - The system has attempted to load or restore a file into the registry, but the specified file is not in a registry file format.

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft....link/events.asp.

And when i google it, they says just create a new user account and then copy the file to new user and then delete the old user account. But when i was created the new user account i log on with it but this another error pop out on the screen.

Event Type: Information
Event Source: Application Popup
Event ID: 26
Time: 7:29:48 AM
User: N/A
Computer:
Description:
Application popup: 16 bit MS-DOS Subsystem : C:\WINDOWS\system32\regsvr32.exe
The NTVDM CPU has encountered an illegal instruction.
CS:0411 IP:0145 OP:ff ff ff 00 00 Choose 'Close' to terminate the application.

And this one

Event Type: Information
Event Source: Application Popup
Event ID: 26
Time: 6:09:55 AM
User: N/A
Computer:
Description:
Application popup: drwtsn32.exe - Bad Image : The application or DLL C:\WINDOWS\system32\dbgeng.dll is not a valid Windows image. Please check this against your installation diskette.

And also, I can't open my device manager because this error alway pop out:

Microsoft Management Console
MMC cannot open the file C:\WINDOWS\system32\devmgmt.msc.

This may be because the file does not exist, is not an MMC console, or was created by a later
version of MMC. THis may also be because you do not have sufficient access rights to the file.

But the account i used is an admin account, i don't why this devmgmt.msc won't open. Because i found this file in \WINDOWS\system32.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Advertisements

happyrock

happyrock

Tech Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 9,285 posts
Hi theinvulnerable ...welcome to Geeks To Go... :)
To protect your computer from old system files, Microsoft created a special service that is built into the operating system. This service monitors your system files, and if one is replaced or deleted, ICS will automatically restore the system file.

To manually invoke the system file checker...log on a administrative account... then go to start...run...and type in sfc /scannow ...... press enter
NOTE the single space before the /

The system will immediately begin to check all the current system files and restore the cached approved copies. You may be asked to insert the Windows CD as well during the restore.

theinvulnerable

theinvulnerable

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Hi theinvulnerable ...welcome to Geeks To Go... :)
To protect your computer from old system files, Microsoft created a special service that is built into the operating system. This service monitors your system files, and if one is replaced or deleted, ICS will automatically restore the system file.

To manually invoke the system file checker...log on a administrative account... then go to start...run...and type in sfc /scannow ...... press enter
NOTE the single space before the /

The system will immediately begin to check all the current system files and restore the cached approved copies. You may be asked to insert the Windows CD as well during the restore.

I tried that already but did not work. It keeps saying insert cd even if that cd i used when i installed the OS, and i tried also to change the sourcepath in regedit but again it doesn't work. So I ended with fresh install of XP, because repair install also did not complete. And thats odd, because i often scanned the pc with avast home, spybot s&d, and malwarebytes but did not found anything.

happyrock

happyrock

Tech Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 9,285 posts
thanks for letting us know... :)