Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

iexplorer.exe - Entry Point Not Found

• Please log in to reply

Titanhex

Titanhex

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I left for a while and my brother ended up causing some issue with the web browser, doing who knows what.
The following is the error I recieve when trying to open Internet Explorer:

"The procedure entry point SetDllDirectoryW could not be located in the dynamic link library KERNEL32.dll."

I've done the entire guide on removing malware provided by this forum, even making sure to get one Trojan/Virus remover and then removing it and getting another and scanning to make sure I got all of it. I have the rootrepeal.txt if you need it, as well as the OT report.

I've also done a sfc /scannow succesfully.

So, with all these attempts at fixing my comp, and no luck, what should I do now? Anyone able to tell me why this is happening for iexplore?

Advertisements

Titanhex

Titanhex

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
An update. I installed Windows XP Service Pack 3 to see if that would fix it. I kept getting a popup informing me to install Windows XP Service pack to stay secure. So I installed it and now the error is:

iexplore.exe - Ordinal Not Found
The ordinal 410 could not be located in the dynamic link library urlmon.dll.