Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Baffling Error with move networks player

• Please log in to reply

checkfeet

checkfeet

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I'll give the most sequential description I can:

I download the move networks player to watch the NFL gamepass demo. This is my home, over a WAN, on a university LAN network. Demo looks great.

The next day, I purchase NFL gamepass from my office computer, same university network. Move player installs there and works, continuing to work.

When I go back home, move player no longer works at my apartment. This is on three separate computers, including a laptop. This is also when the WAN is bypassed and a computer is plugged directly into the university LAN.

My laptop, with no changes or adjustments runs the move player fine at other locations.

This is in IE and FF, all computers running XP.

Then in another point of weirdness, my neighbors macbook seems to run the move player fine in my apartment and his, but mine won't work in his either.

It has to be IP related, right? Why would it work some places on the same uni LAN, but not my apartment? Why on the same laptop at other locations, but not my apartment or my neighbors? Why does his mac work in both apartments?

I've uninstalled and reinstalled so much, I've reinstalled java, updated IE, I'm totally exasperated.

Advertisements