Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Problem Now With Rhapsody Player

• Please log in to reply

jek1862

jek1862

• PipPip
  • 52 posts
I have always used the Real Rhapsody player for my music playing, and never had any trouble with it, until recently. Now, what is happening, is very annoying, and I can't figure out why it is happening. On many of the songs, the Player will 'skip' ahead a few seconds into the song and this will vary from song to song. I then will replay the song over the same part where it had skipped, and this time it won't skip! I have downloaded several different copies of the song to make sure it wasn't the song. I have even downloaded other players, like Winamp, and there is no skipping whatsoever. I have uninstalled and reinstalled Rhapsody THREE times and every time I have the problem, so I know it is not a bad download of the software. I have even downloaded the player from different sites. My audio drivers are up to date and I don't see any problems with the sound or playback part of my system. The problem seems to lie with the player, but why all of a sudden, and so inconsistently?? It has me baffled. I prefer Rhapsody. I think it is one of the best sounding players out there and really don't want to switch to another.
So I am throwing the problem out to the community to see if anyone else has experienced this before with Rhapsody, and maybe some ideas to cure the problem. I cannot enjoy my music, naturally, as it is doing this, so I am pretty distressed over the matter. Any help would be most appreciated. Thanks.

Advertisements