Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

How do I move my Start menu?

• Please log in to reply

saraveza408

saraveza408

• PipPipPip
  • 376 posts
Someone used my computer & next time I went to use it my start menu & quick launch toolbar & system tray & all that was no longer on the bottom of my desktop but along the right side of my desktop. I went to taskbar & start menu properties & it appears all my settings are the same. And I tried the help & support center but didnt find anything on it.

How do I get my Start menu & taskbar back on the bottom of my desktop?

please & thank you!

Advertisements

makai

makai

Portlock - Oahu

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,793 posts
Hello,

The entire Start menu/Task bar can be moved to different places on the screen, as you've found out. :)

To move it around, first make sure it's not "locked"...
Right click on a blank area of the taskbar and make sure "Lock the Taskbar" is not checked. If it is, click once on "Lock the Taskbar" so the check mark disappears.

Next, using your mouse, Left-click on a blank area of the task bar, and while holding the left mouse button depressed, drag the taskbar back to the bottom of the screen.

Hopefully that helps you. Note, you might want to lock the taskbar so it doesn't move accidentally. Just right click on the taskbar and make sure Lock the Taskbar is checked.

saraveza408

saraveza408

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 376 posts
Wow! Wasnt that easy! Thanks a million!

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Also make sure you refresh as this will also ensure the settings take hold the next time you reboot.

saraveza408

saraveza408

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 376 posts
thanks!