Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Repair install

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

Picky

Picky

• PipPipPip
  • 260 posts
Hi , I have a question, after receiving a windows system32 corrupt message , I tried to do a repair install. I run the chkdsk first then booted with a xp cd. At the windows install page I pressed enter to install windows but at the next screen I did not receive the hit R to do a repair install. All it did was go to the partition and warned about installing another OS. I guess when the Repair option is not there things are really screwed up and it is time to format. Thanks Picky

Advertisements

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
If this system won't boot then how are you getting help HERE for that system?
It looks like we're dealing with the same system or are we dealing with clients?

Picky

Picky

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 260 posts
This is a different system and the system in question is a clients PC. The missing Repair has always puzzled me, if the system is corrupt then I figured the repair option should be there. The hard drive test are positive, the memory test are positive, but the registry is fouled up. So he question really is " Why is the repair install option sometimes missing for a system that needs repairing? Thanks for your time.

Wander

Wander

• PipPipPip
  • 205 posts
:) :) :) :)

Picky

Picky

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 260 posts
Real cute!

sari

sari

GeekU Admin

• Administrator
  • 20,955 posts
  • MVP
Our TOU clearly states that we provide free help to home users, not to people helping clients for profit. This topic is closed.