Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

NO PERMISSION TO USE THIS NETWORK RESOURCE. CONTACT THE PERSON WHO MAN

• Please log in to reply

JANNAH

JANNAH

• Pip
  • 1 posts
hi everyone.. i'm new here.. i'd been looking for sites where i could ask bout my problem.. i have 2 PC here and i want to connect them using a d-link 10/100fast ethernet switch.,

this is actually my first time to configure a network., i tried though i know i'm not good at it..

i named this one PC as "Office" and the other "Mine".. and my workgroup name HOME
i used the network connection wizard to do it they were connected but i think they don't communicate.. each PC displays the 2 CompName "Office" & " Mine"

on opening the connection status both are connected,
but while opening the shared files of the other PC being on the other PC a message pops saying;

"//mine is not accessible.You have no permission to use this network resource.Please contact the person who manages your network."
i had tried to checked the ip address of both and i think there's no problem at it.. ahhm the address of the one is -192.168.1.1 subnet mask is 255.255.255.0 and default gateway is 192.168.1.2
the other pc IPaddress is 192.168.1.2 subnet mask is 255.255.255.0 and default gateway 192.168.1.1
then preferred DNS SERVER on both is 192.168.1.1 and Alternate DNS SERVER on both is 192.168.1.2

i'm not an expert on computers especially on networking..

i know there are lot of pipol who are kind enough to help me out of this...

plss... i really need your help.. thanks and god bless...

Advertisements