Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

I have such a disaster I can't even think of a title!

• Please log in to reply

kblue

kblue

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
Ok, will do. I'm going to go back and follow your earlier instructions.

Advertisements

kblue

kblue

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
Ok, I have the process explorer report ready. I got rid of IE8 again..and allowed the automatic update to get it for me...but it still caused trouble with the yahoo.ca home page so I unistalled it...again..and disabled the updater from getting IE8 again automatically. I have no idea why it would run fine for ages and then suddenly glitch up. Annoying and time consuming. So, I have IE7 now..and before I got the report to attach here. I also reran the sfc.

Attached Files

Broni

Broni

Kraków my love :)

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,300 posts
All looks good to me :)

kblue

kblue

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
Ok...I have discovered yet another recent failure. We usually watch old UFC fights online and [bleep]'s Kitchen/Big Brother episodes on Youtube if we miss them on TV. We also watch news clips. Well, since this problem, the sound is 'wrong' for all of these. We get loud music..ie. the show music for [bleep]'s Kitchen for example, but can barely hear what the actors are saying. Like something is out of sync. I just tried a news clip and I have to crank the volume in the computer and on the speakers just to hear the broadcast. Then I retried a BB episode and same thing...the show music is loud but what the actors are saying is very quiet. Doesn't matter which link I try..which episode, etc. It doesn't matter if we use Firefox or IE.

Home video clips from our camcorder or digital camera are perfectly fine sound-wise. So only what we listen to online is messed up. Lovely. Just when I thought most of the big problems were fading...
I read somewhere that some of my sound files may have been deleted. But as usual, I have no idea how I'd fix this if that's the problem.

Edited by kblue, 12 September 2009 - 05:43 PM.

Broni

Broni

• 12,300 posts
Uninstall Flash, using this: http://kb2.adobe.com...1/tn_14157.html
Install fresh copy.

kblue

kblue

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
Did it. Thanks! I wondered if it was a Flash problem and it seems it was. But after my last disaster I wasn't touching anything without posting first.
Sound problem solved.
Please let me know if the prosexp.txt info told you anything.

Broni

Broni

• 12,300 posts
Excellent! :)
No, PE log looks perfectly normal.