Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Laptop not letting me sign on

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

DAKTARI

DAKTARI

• PipPip
  • 15 posts
I received a used laptop from my wife which was on a company server i.e networked.
I managed to use it with my home wi-fi but recently I acquired a homehub and configured the laptop to fit in with the new settings so I must have done something .
Because I can not sign on with the old password and no one has a clue what the admin password was.....Help!!!!!

Advertisements

Kat

Kat

Retired

• Retired Staff
  • 19,711 posts
  • MVP
Hello. :)

According to the Terms of Use that you agreed to when you joined, we cannot help you with this. While I understand your problem and frustration with this, it is simply impossible for us in an online capacity to determine that you are indeed the owner of the machine. Sadly, too many people pretend to have similar problems, when in fact they are trying to break into someone else's computer. Therefore, we respectfully decline to help anyone to recover a password, so that we don't accidentally help someone commit a crime.

I suggest you contact your computer's manufacturer, or take the machine to a local computer repair person for help. :)

Thank you for your cooperation and understanding.