Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

show hidden files and folders not working

• Please log in to reply

diYes

diYes

• Pip
  • 4 posts
I tried to enable "show hidden files and folders" under the folder options. But it is not working. I tried opening the folder options again but I was shocked that both options: "show hidden files and folders" and "hide hidden files and folders" were both selected. What shall I do? Oh I already tried removing malware and viruses.

Advertisements

Goto

Goto

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Try editing the registry like this:

1. Click Start > Run and type REGEDIT

2. Click the plus sign next to HKEY_CURRENT_USER
then SOFTWARE ->
then Microsoft ->
then Windows ->
then CurrentVersion ->
then Explorer ->
then Advanced ->

On the right side, double click the hidden value and give it a value of 1.

You should now be able to enable hidden files and folders.

Broni

Broni

Kraków my love :)

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,300 posts
I suggest that you start a new topic in the Malware Removal and Spyware Removal area.

Before you start a new topic click on this link --> Malware and Spyware Cleaning Guide, Please read before starting a new topic. This will give you a few preparations to make, as well as instruction for posting your OTListIt2 log.

If you are still having problems after being given a clean bill of health from the malware expert, then please return to THIS thread and we will pursue other options to help you solve your current problem(s).

diYes

diYes

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Try editing the registry like this:

1. Click Start > Run and type REGEDIT

2. Click the plus sign next to HKEY_CURRENT_USER
then SOFTWARE ->
then Microsoft ->
then Windows ->
then CurrentVersion ->
then Explorer ->
then Advanced ->

On the right side, double click the hidden value and give it a value of 1.

You should now be able to enable hidden files and folders.

I tried it but it didn't work.

diYes

diYes

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

I suggest that you start a new topic in the Malware Removal and Spyware Removal area.

Before you start a new topic click on this link --> Malware and Spyware Cleaning Guide, Please read before starting a new topic. This will give you a few preparations to make, as well as instruction for posting your OTListIt2 log.

If you are still having problems after being given a clean bill of health from the malware expert, then please return to THIS thread and we will pursue other options to help you solve your current problem(s).

Oh ok. Sorry.

Broni

Broni

Kraków my love :)

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,300 posts
No problem :)